Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pinterest obsessed

Hi my name is Angela, and I am obsessed with Pinterest.  There I said it!  It started with wedding planning, and I must admit, it helped out a ton.  My wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was without Pinterest....wait that sounds bad.  I got married and that was the best thing ever, but the decor wouldn't have been as amazing without Pinterest...much better!  Ok so after the wedding I wasn't sure what to look at since I don't really have finished rooms in the house to decorate.  Well after some serious digging I have come up with projects! 

The first one is a decoration but a useful decoration that doesn't necessarily need to be displayed


I love this project for multiple reasons.  One, because it serves an organizational purpose.  And two, because I get to display my wedding earrings all the time!!  This was actually a fairly easy project to accomplish.  Goodwill frame, spray paint and some chicken wire.  Matt refused to help me, which is probably a good idea since it was easy.  But I did use the wire cutters and staple gun all by myself!


Project number two became my favorite instantly!  A beautiful fall wreath.  I can so decorate the front door!!


Yep I still love it!!  And besides having to buy the starting tools, a wreath hook, glue guns and glue sticks, this wreath cost me under 10 bucks!!  It does take a bit of time to complete this project, but I did finish it in one night.  Once you buy the approiate materials, straw wreath, yarn and felt, it is a pretty easy task.





So I started with a knot on the wreath and then I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped.  About three hours on and off later I was complete!  Then I started on the felt flowers, to be honest I was a bit scared of these because I thought they would be hard.  I am not a crafty person by any means.  This was so much more easy than the wrapping of the yarn.  I started with a 25 cent piece of felt and cut a scalloped circle out.  Next I cut that into a spiral continuing with the scalloped pattern.  Then take the very edge that you started cutting and start rolling it up.  When you finish, you have a beautiful felt flower.  I got creative and folding a big and small one up together to make the multi-colored flower.  I hot glued the last circle piece to the back to secure the flower and then hot glued the flowers onto the wreath.  I added the P last minute and I am glad I did.  I think it turned out better than I could have imagined and was so proud of myself.  I have already started on my second wreath and I want to make one for every season and every holiday.  I just love them!!

Here are the sites with the tutorials I followed.  They explain it better than me!  You should make these!!
http://love2sisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/show-and-tell-monday-diy-jewelry.html
http://www.danielleburkleo.com/2010/10/diy-yarn-wreath-with-felt-flowers.html (yes I used the same colors she did)

No comments:

Post a Comment