Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Obsession

Two things to start off with, first I need to talk about something else before my new obsession, and second, please note that this is two days in a row I am blogging...YAY!!  Ok so before the obsession, last week I made homemade pesto and I just had to share.  It was super easy and so delicious.  It was awesome to use some of the overgrown basil in my front yard!!  I just took a large handful of basil threw it in the food processor with some toasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil.  Simply delicious!
Now for the good stuff.  I had a little free time during training at my new job and I found the website "stumble upon."  I might be way behind the times here but I instantly fell in love with the website and I have to admit I stumbled upon probably about a couple hundred sites (I really had alot of free time)  Well I found one hell of a gem and I am happy to indroduce you all to my new food crush, Skinny Taste!!  This website is amazing!  She has a ton of recipes and she also includes all the health information on every recipe.  If you find something you like, you can save it in your recipe box AND you can then create your very own shopping list from there.  I am sure I am losing readers now because you will all go to that one....but I will be cooking her recipes and telling you all about them, so keep reading!!


Last night I made my first recipe, Asian glazed chicken.  Well it is technically called asian glazed drumsticks....but we only had chicken quarters, so that is what we used.  This recipe took not many ingredients, was remotely quick to make (defrosting the chicken took the longest), was healthy and AMAZING.  Holy buckets, if this recipe is any indication of what this website has in store for me then you can count me in!  I served with with some steamed veggies to keep with the healthy theme.....mouth watering....



No comments:

Post a Comment