Monday, August 22, 2011

Mmmmm....

I am a big fan of Mexican food, and for some reason some of my favorite things is Chicken tortilla soup.  I don't really like the creamy ones, more of the broth type.  Well when I end up pretty much replicating my favorite soup....you know it was a good night.  Again I found this healthy recipe on www.skinnytaste.com, chicken and avocado soup.  It was insanely flavorful and was still great leftover.  I am a huge fan of avocado to begin with but the avocado in this soup had such a creamy good texture.  
In other news....I GOT MY FIRST RED TOMATOES OUT OF THE GARDEN TONIGHT!!!  I know, I know, you can pretty much get fresh tomatoes anywhere now.  But these came from our garden so that makes them even better.  Matt started making some pickles with the over abundance of cucumbers that we have.  Other than that we haven't been able to harvest anything else from the garden.

We have some house project progression!!  Matt has been working on cleaning out under the porch so he can start laying the cinder blocks to finish our landscaping project.  Tonight, he laid the first seven blocks!!  This might seem little and stupid...but it is a huge step in finally finishing this dang project, it makes me happy!!  Pictures to come soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment